Our summer 2022 issue of 64 Parishes offers features on the emergence of wind power in a famously petroleum-powered state, the hatchet-happy antics of hands-on Prohibitionist Carrie Nation, reflections on the legacies of the Green Books that listed resources for Black travelers, and the story of a widow fighting for a Civil War pension.
We’re also proud to present:
- Peaches Records
- the engineering projects that tried to topple Vicksburg
- Amede Ardoin‘s seminal position in Louisiana music
- poetry by Jennifer Reeser
- the miasmatic dangers that prompted drainage works
- Cecilia saxophonist Dickie Landry
- a LaPlace smokehouse bouncing back from Hurricane Ida
The current issue of 64 Parishes is available at retail outlets across Louisiana or can be ordered through the LEH for $5.95 plus shipping. In stock back issues are also available for $6.95. To order visit 64parishes.org/subscribe or call 1.800.909.7990 or 504.356.0505.